Bureau of Employment Programs (BEP)
Center for Excellence in Disabilities (CED)
Division of Rehabilitation Services (DRS)
Division of Veteran's Affairs
Human Resource Development Foundation (HRDF)
Monongalia County Technical Educational Center (MTEC)
Preston County Senior Center
Veterans Upward Bound
WV Junior College
WV Women Work
West Virginia WorkForce
Pace Tec (external link)
Council of Three Rivers American Indian Center
Teletech (external link)
West Virginia Women Work!
- Direct training/ employment project for women entering construction fields- Step-Up for Women (see more information below)
- Career exploration.
- Information on nontraditional occupations, from computer repair to carpentry.
- Referrals to effective training programs in north central West Virginia, leading to employment.
- We help job-seekers identify their core talents, skills and abilities and address barriers to success.
- Union apprenticeship information.
- Income improvement techniques for those presently employed.
- Resume writing and job hunting skills.
- Support group/networking.
Step-Up for Women
A FREE 11-WEEK SKILLED TRADES TRAINING PROGRAM
- Trains women entering or re-entering the workforce
- Provides transportation reimbursement, tools, and clothing
- Typically increases graduates' average income by $3.00/hour
HANDS-ON TRAINING IN THREE OF THE FOLLOWING SKILLED TRADES:
* Carpentry * Electrical * Welding * Masonry
* Training varies each Fall and Spring
Strength and endurance training
Women's Resources Class:
Job search skills
Sexual harassment prevention
OSHA safety training
Participate in a "job shadowing" experience
Application to union apprenticeships
West Virginia Department of Education, Technical and Adult Education
WorkForce WV State Set-Aside 2008 - 2009
Hazel Ruby McQuain Charitable Trust
United Wy of the Eastern Panhandle
Monongalia County Commission
The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation
City of Charleston